Wednesday, February 13

The Wire

I just realized I've been following the HBO show, "The Wire". It's about half way through the season. It is a really an intense show. I knew the show has been critically acclaimed over the years, but I never knew it was this good. All the characters are quite believable. I've caught somes episodes since the series was introduced 4 years ago, but never kept up. Finally, getting a DVR cable box last year to record shows helps. Like I said last month, I've been watching a lot of TV this winter. This season is the final season for The Wire. Each episode, so far, consistently creates suspenseful subplots that get intertwined with the major plots. I can see now why some new viewers could have a difficult time picking up the show. The story is thick on several character issues from past seasons. Check out the HBO website for more on the show. http://www.hbo.com/thewire/episode/season5/episode51.shtml Definitely the series is worth a look on DVD.
I'm glad I got put on this season by this trailer last month.



Below, is the very first scene of this season. That's a photocopy machine they use as a lie detector!! LOL. I wander if kids really fall for it, hmm?



No comments: