Friday, March 21

TRANCE DJs : Armin van Buuren

Hi clubheads and technoheads, and I mean that with with all the best intentions! Im just happy about this spotlight on one my favorite DJs of all time, Armin van Buuren. I think his songs, his sound and his shows always project happy vibes. Have you been to one of his shows? I saw him in 2005, and I was in a happy mood for weeks!
I just think his style and versatility meshes well with all genres of music. You'll hear all the new sounds from particular genres in all his racks or remixes. His track rythms can be calm or swift, but consistently generate good vibes. He has been known in expanding the electronica sound to all types music for several years now. His quote below signifies his views.
“I think trance is becoming a broader term for a lot of different genres; it’s no longer a specific kind of music within the dance scene... Trance has elements of all different types of music. I play a lot of tracks that are labeled as progressive, tribal progressive, techno, trance, euphoric trance, vocal trance, melodic progressive... These days it’s really hard to label a specific sound. Styles are mutating and evolving into this all-over new sound, which is basically dance music going back to its roots. There’s so much good music out there and I don’t want to limit myself to just one style.”
"Armin's Blue Fear, a Sasha and Digweed staple, previewed his signature style: divine layering of sounds, lush chords and a continuous driving beat with that intangible added extra, the unique essence that sets quality tunes apart when you hear them in a set." - (for more go to http://www.thedjlist.com/djs/ARMIN_VAN_BUUREN/)

Here's a music video; Armin van Buuren & DJ Shah Feat. Chris Jones - Going Wrong


Here's great show footage illustrating Armin's vibe:


Check out Armin van Buuren's site directly: http://stage.arminvanbuuren.com/

Til next time,
RRR

No comments: