Sunday, June 1

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES: NBA Greats - Michael Jordan


Since June is the month when a new NBA champion is crowned, my weekly Motivational Quote will be from NBA greats. I'll start with none other than Michael Jordan.

“There are plenty of teams in every sport that have great players and never win titles. Most of the time, those players aren't willing to sacrifice for the greater good of the team. The funny thing is, in the end, their unwillingness to sacrifice only makes individual goals more difficult to achieve. One thing I believe to the fullest is that if you think and achieve as a team, the individual accolades will take care of themselves. Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.”

“I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.”

“I've always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. I don't do things half-heartedly. Because I know if I do, then I can expect half-hearted results.”


What more can I ad to the greatest basketball player of all time?
Click to http://www.nba.com/ for the NBA Encyclopedia section. A great website to check for all of MJ's awards is: http://www.jordanextreme.com/mjawards/mjawards.htm

Some facts:
Considered basketball's greatest-ever player
Nicknames: His Airness, Air Jordan
Cut from his Wilmington NC basketball team as a sophomore; eventually made the team and led it to state championship
League leader in scoring, with 10 titles (1986-1993, 1996-1998)
On 2 Olympic Gold-Medal teams (1984, 1992)
In 1994 retired to play minor-league baseball
Returned to basketball in 1995 and in 1996 became one of two (along with Willis Reed) to win MVP for regular season, All-Star Game and Finals, all in one year
Finished his career with 32,292 points, third place in scoring, and a career average 30.12 ppg, the best in NBA history Always wore his University of N. Carolina shorts under his Bulls uniform for good luck

No comments: