Monday, June 2

Books: Who Moved My Cheese?

I just finished reading the thought provoking book, "Who Moved My Cheese?", by Spencer Johnson, M.D.
"Cheese" is the metaphor for what you want to have in life; job, relationships, health, possessions or peace of mind. The "Maze" is where you look for what you want; life, work, family, or community. The simple story parable reveals profound truths about change that give people and organizations a quick and easy way to succeed in changing times. Who Moved My Cheese? is an enlightening story of four characters who live in a "Maze" and look for "Cheese" to nourish them and make them happy. Two are mice named Sniff and Scurry. And two are "Little-people" beings the size of mice who look and act a lot like people. Their names are Hem and Haw.



Just to note an uncanny coincidence, my close friend, Jerry (Click here for background, Origins: The Mouse) was visiting for the weekend. So relative to the story, Jerry would be more like the mice, and I, though slow to admit, would be more like Haw. Of course, there is a relativity factor here, where some friends may think I am like, Sniff, and they, like Haw.
Which one are you? let me know

No comments: